Friday, December 19, 2008

Intoduction to lovebirds


Oh, alright...I guess I could say some stuff about my neighbors.

Those neighbors of mine are lovebirds and they originate from Africa (I looked it up..) They are bright colored usually. Some species, such as the masked lovebird, are not brightly colored, though, with their dark feathers around their eyes...thus their name.
Some bird guides say that the peachfaced lovebirds (such as my neighbors) are the most aggressive. hmm..


They are much smaller than I am, perhaps half my size. Not to mention they really don't like me that much. Maybe our size difference has to do with it, but 'tiels and lovebirds don't naturally mix.

Another difference is that they are much, much noisier than I am. They can talk to basically no one. For such little birds, they are quite loud.

Their acrobatic skills are higher than mine as well. They are able to climb their cage walls and cling upside down on the roof. They are fairly good flyers...ok, they're better than me in that too...

No comments: